YMCA Youth and Family Services
YMCA Youth and Family Services (yfs.ymca.org) provides mental health therapy, family support/case management, and youth development programming to help vulnerable youths and their families become safe, secure and connected to community supports. The Y’s mentoring, counseling and case management programs provide critical preventative and early intervention strategies that stabilize families during uncertain times.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $1,000 provides trauma-based mental health therapy for a child facing adversity.
- $2,500 supports a yearlong mentor match for a young person experiencing the juvenile justice or child welfare system.
- $5,000 sends six kids to summer camp.
- One day: Lead activities or small games at the annual Healthy Kids Day event.
- Ongoing: Mentor or tutor a young person.
- Student Service Learning