YMCA of Metropolitan Washington’s Youth & Family Services (ymcadc.org) provides therapy for children and families; family support and preservation; and youth and development programming to help vulnerable youths and their families become safe, secure and connected to community supports. The Y’s mentoring, counseling and case management programs provide critical preventative and early intervention strategies that stabilize families during uncertain times.
Headquartered: Silver Spring and Washington, D.C.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides healthy meals for families navigating food insecurity.
• $1,000 provides multiple mental health therapy sessions for a child facing adversity.
• $2,500 supports a yearlong mentor for a young person experiencing the juvenile justice or child welfare system.
• One day: Lead activities or small games at the annual Healthy Kids Day event.
• Ongoing: Mentor or tutor a young person.