VisArts (visartscenter.org) works to transform individuals and communities through the visual arts. The organization provides art education classes for people of all abilities, summer and day camps for children and teens, artist studios for creating new work, residencies to support working artists, and free contemporary exhibitions and gallery programs. VisArts’ outreach and scholarship programs increase access to the arts for veterans, seniors, low-income families and individuals with disabilities.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $100 provides paint and hanging materials for one gallery exhibition.
• $500 provides two full scholarships to summer camp.
• $1,000 provides an emerging artist with a free studio residency.
• One day: Assist staff with art activities at community events.
• Weekly or long term: Assist staff in administrative offices.