Urban Alliance (theurbanalliance.org) opens doors to economic opportunity for high school seniors from low-income communities of color by providing paid internships, job skills training, mentoring and lifelong post-program support—which is especially critical as these communities are among the hardest hit by COVID-19 and ongoing racial inequity. Since 2017, Urban Alliance has placed nearly 100 Montgomery County youths in paid professional internships and reached hundreds of additional students through foundational workforce development training, offered in partnership with Montgomery County Public Schools.
Headquartered: Washington, D.C.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $25 covers an intern’s wages for one day of work.
• $100 provides a bonus for an intern who excels during Urban Alliance’s culminating Public Speaking Challenge.
• $1,000 covers an intern’s training and college counseling.
• One day: Help students edit resumes or facilitate and provide feedback on virtual mock interviews.
• Ongoing: Mentor a high school intern.