Unexpected Stage Company (unexpectedstage.org) is dedicated to exploring the intimacies and intricacies of the human experience through thought-provoking theater and live performances in Montgomery County. The Helen Hayes Award-nominated nonprofit organization produces professional plays and musicals at affordable prices to increase access and serve the widest possible regional community.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides costumes for one play or musical.
• $1,000 sponsors a season’s worth of set materials.
• $10,000 pays actors and designers for the full run of a production.
• One day: Usher for a performance.
• Per event: Provide set construction and building support.