St. Camillus Food Pantry (gofundme.com/trpqnc) distributes nutritious food to ensure that low-income families get enough to eat. Through emergency food distribution on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings, the all-volunteer, bilingual food pantry distributed more than 10,000 emergency food packages last year alone.
HEADQUARTERED: Silver Spring
SERVES: Montgomery County
WHAT A DONATION BUYS:
• $250 provides a week’s worth of emergency food for 10 families.
• $1,000 provides two pounds of rice and beans for 250 families.
• $10,000 provides enough food to serve all of the families that visit the food pantry over two weekends.
• One day or ongoing: Unload and shelve food deliveries.
• Ongoing: Bilingual adults can help with client registration during pantry hours.