Silver Spring Village (silverspringvillage.org) offers services and programs to help older adults remain in their homes and communities as they age. Trained and vetted volunteers offer Village members transportation, visits and phone calls, home repairs, help with chores and errands, decluttering, medical note-taking and more—plus an annual calendar of more than 600 social and educational activities. In the COVID-19 era, volunteers provide groceries, wellness calls and other supports that help at-risk seniors remain safely at home.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Silver Spring ZIP codes 20901 and 20910
What a donation buys:
• $300 provides birthday cards and celebrations for Village members.
• $1,000 underwrites a year of membership for four seniors with low income.
• $2,500 provides 104 hours of professional volunteer training and support.
• Weekly: Provide rides to health care appointments.
• Long term: Organize a monthly speaker series.