Shepherd’s Table (shepherdstable.org) serves more than 2,400 individuals experiencing homelessness in the county every year by providing meals, clothing, a mailing address, prescription assistance, information and referrals, as well as other social services. The bimonthly Eye Clinic provides vision screenings and prescription eyeglasses for the uninsured.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides medical prescription assistance for 15 individuals.
• $1,000 covers the cost of food for at least 750 meals.
• $10,000 provides 166 pairs of prescription eye glasses for low-income, uninsured adults.
• One day: Prepare and serve a nutritious meal.
• One day: Sort donations in the Clothes Closet.