Shepherd’s Table (shepherdstable.org) serves more than 2,400 individuals experiencing homelessness in the county every year, providing meals, clothing, a mailing address, prescription assistance, information and referrals, as well as other social services. The bimonthly Eye Clinic provides vision screenings and prescription eyeglasses for the uninsured.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides prescription eyeglasses for five low-income, uninsured adults.
- $1,000 provides medical prescription assistance for 50 individuals.
- $10,000 covers 6,666 meals.
- One Day: Prepare and serve a nutritious meal.
- One Day: Sort donations in the Clothes Closet.
- Student Service Learning