Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington
Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington (plannedparenthood.org/ppmw) has served as a trusted health care provider, an informed educator and passionate advocate to women, men and teens throughout the Washington, D.C., metro area for more than 80 years. The organization’s medical team provides a wide range of safe, reliable health care for all—including contraception and family planning, preventative care and screenings for cervical and other cancers. PPMW also trains underserved teens in reproductive health and STD/HIV, healthy relationships, healthy life-skills and prevention strategies.
HEADQUARTERED: Washington, D.C.
SERVES: Metro region
WHAT A DONATION BUYS:
• $500 funds 20 HIV screenings.
• $1,000 provides 138 hours of reproductive health and leadership training for teen peer leaders.
• $7,500 provides breast and cervical cancer screening for 50 women.
• Ongoing: Help expand the health care advocacy program.
• Student Service Learning hours