Per Scholas (perscholas.org/nationalcapitalregion) opens doors to technology careers for individuals from often overlooked communities. Through its full-time, tuition-free technology job training courses, Per Scholas equips 240 individuals annually with industry-recognized certifications and connects them to in-demand tech jobs in the National Capital Region. In addition to technical training, the organization provides a variety of career development and support services throughout training and for two or more years after graduation to help students secure jobs and thrive and grow in tech careers.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 pays for the professional IT certification that makes a student a certified tech.
• $1,000 supports career skills training for graduates to impress future employers.
• $10,000 covers 10 weeks of IT Support/A+ Certification training for two students.
• Ongoing: Speak to the class on industry-specific and/or career development topics.
• One day: Edit resumes or participate in mock interviews.