Per Scholas (perscholas.org/nationalcapitalregion) opens doors to technology careers for individuals from overlooked communities. Through its full-time, tuition-free technology training courses (currently offered virtually), Per Scholas equips 260 individuals annually with industry-recognized certifications and connects them to in-demand tech jobs, providing support along the way. Roughly one-third of Per Scholas applicants don’t have the technology they need to participate virtually, so Per Scholas is currently working to supply 1,000 technology toolkits to Per Scholas learners across the country.
HEADQUARTERED: Silver Spring
SERVES: Metro region
WHAT A DONATION BUYS:
• $250 pays for headphones and Wi-Fi access.
• $1,000 covers the cost of one technology toolkit, including laptop, webcam, headphones and Wi-Fi.
• $10,000 provides technology assistance and career access to 10 Per Scholas learners.
• Ongoing: Speak to the class on industry-specific and/or career development topics (done virtually).
• One-day: Edit resumes or participate in mock interviews (done virtually).