Nourish Now (nourishnow.org) specializes in food recovery for the benefit of children, families, the elderly and other organizations working to end hunger. Through its programs, viable food partners are identified, and donations of both prepared meals and shelf-stable food are recovered and redistributed through its network. When COVID-19 struck in March, Nourish Now developed new programming, such as distributing relief boxes containing meals for a family of four for five days. The organization fed more than 30,000 families more than 1.6 million meals between March and July 2020.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $50 provides a complete Thanksgiving dinner for a family of four.
• $250 feeds five families for a week.
• $1,000 feeds 20 families for a week.
• Half day: Process fresh produce donations or hand out meals to families at a local food distribution center.
• One day: Prepare nonperishable Family Relief Kit boxes.