National Alliance on Mental Illness Montgomery County (NAMI MC) (namimc.org) provides comprehensive support, education, advocacy and public awareness to promote recovery so that all individuals and families affected by mental illness can build better lives.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 funds five Ending the Silence presentations to promote mental health awareness to students at local schools.
- $500 funds support groups for individuals living with mental illness for one month.
- $2,000 funds a year of the suicide prevention program Sources of Strength.
- Weekly: Facilitate a class and support group.
- Monthly: Facilitate a mental health awareness presentation.