Montgomery Housing Partnership (mhpartners.org) is the largest private nonprofit developer of affordable rental housing in the county, managing more than 2,000 affordable homes. MHP houses people, empowers families and strengthens neighborhoods. For more than 25 years, MHP has acquired, rehabilitated, built and managed quality affordable housing for low- and moderate-income families, and provided Community Life programs for its residents.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides supplies for an after-school homework club.
• $1,000 helps cover two field trips for 72 children to the National Zoo.
• $10,000 covers the stipend for one AmeriCorps member to support community life programs.
• One day: Participate in food delivery for residents in need due to COVID-19-related loss of income.
• Ongoing: Join MHP’s resident outreach team to work with residents one-on-one (remotely) to connect them with community resources.