Montgomery Coalition For Adult English Literacy (MCAEL) (mcael.org) strengthens the community by advancing a coalition of more than 65 organizations dedicated to enabling all Montgomery County residents to achieve their full potential by improving their English language skills. MCAEL supports and trains instructors who teach ESOL classes to 17,000 adults annually. MCAEL leverages resources and data to serve an ever-increasing number of adults.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 covers translation of instructions for online learning.
• $500 covers two Chromebooks for English language learners.
• $1,000 covers 20 licenses for smartphone English instruction apps.
• One day: Help with a special event.
• Ongoing: Participate in training to tutor or teach a class.