Mary’s Center (maryscenter.org) believes that quality health care is a basic human right and the foundation of a strong community. Mary’s Center provides primary health care services, along with workforce development and social services to more than 53,000 people annually.
HEADQUARTERED: Washington, D.C.
SERVES: Metro region
WHAT A DONATION BUYS:
• $500 provides a mother with free workforce development training to help her pursue a higher-paying job as a medical assistant or child development associate.
• $1,000 provides a student suffering from trauma or depression with school-based counseling for a year.
• $5,000 provides 50 patients suffering from chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, HIV/AIDS and cancer with a health navigator to help them coordinate treatment, nutrition and social support services.
• One day: Help organize and replenish the Clothing Donation Closet.
• Weekly: Become an Appointment Pal and help children and families feel comfortable when visiting a doctor for the first time.