Manna Food Center
Manna Food Center (mannafood.org) works to end hunger every day through healthy food distribution, nutrition education, and advocacy to reduce poverty across Montgomery County. Last year, Manna assisted 32,000 individuals and families, including children, seniors, veterans and the working poor. Manna partners with community groups and businesses to address immediate needs and create sustainable healthy communities for all.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides weekend bags for 50 elementary school children.
- $1,000 provides 40 families with fresh, frozen and shelf-stable food for one month.
- $10,000 supports weekend bags at one elementary school for one year.
- One day: Adults (17 and older) can prepare food boxes and sort canned goods.
- One day: Host a food and funds drive.
- Student Service Learning hours