Manna Food Center (mannafood.org) works to end hunger through healthy food distribution, nutrition education, and advocacy to reduce poverty across Montgomery County. In 2019, Manna assisted more than 34,000 individuals, including children, seniors, veterans and the working poor. Manna partners with community groups and businesses to address immediate needs and create sustainable healthy communities for all. In response to COVID-19, Manna’s Smart Sacks program increased its weekly distribution of bags of food to students from 3,077 to 7,000. In another critical response effort, Manna launched home deliveries to meet the food needs of seniors and the medically vulnerable.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides weekend bags for 50 elementary school children.
• $1,000 provides 40 families with fresh, frozen and shelf-stable food for one month.
• $15,000 supports weekend bags at one elementary school for one year.
• One day: Prepare food boxes and sort canned goods (volunteers must be 17 or older).
• One day: Host a food and funds drive