Making a New United People (MANUP)
Making a New United People (MANUP) (manupnow.org) develops youths into resilient and healthy leaders by providing support, resources and training. The organization provides in-school and community-based mentoring programs focused on building job readiness and decision-making skills. MANUP supports more than 400 Montgomery County youths annually.
HEADQUARTERED: Takoma Park
SERVES: Montgomery County and Washington, D.C.
WHAT A DONATION BUYS:
• $250 covers one month of materials for MANUP’s teen drop-in center.
• $1,000 provides a month of programing targeted at academically at-risk kids.
• $10,000 covers programming at a single school for a year.
• One day: Serve as a guest speaker to share your story and advice with a group of youths.
• Ongoing: Become a mentor to an aspiring leader.