Latino Economic Development Center (ledcmetro.org) equips Latinos and other underserved Greater D.C. residents with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. The organization’s small-business services include technical assistance and microloans for aspiring and existing low- to moderate-income entrepreneurs. Its housing services prepare families for responsible homeownership.
Headquartered: Washington, D.C.
Serves: Maryland, D.C., Virginia and Puerto Rico
What a donation buys:
• $250 helps establish tenant associations to preserve affordable housing.
• $1,000 helps a low-income family or senior in crisis remain in their home.
• $10,000 helps capitalize an aspiring low- to moderate-income entrepreneur.
• One day: Offer expertise related to personal and business financial management.
• Weekly: Help with survey administration.