Latin American Youth Center/Maryland Multicultural Youth Centers
Latin American Youth Center/Maryland Multicultural Youth Centers (layc-dc.org) reaches approximately 5,000 at-risk youths in the region through job readiness training, paid internships, work experience, GED instruction, college preparation, case management, mentoring and leadership development. In 2018, LAYC helped 159 Montgomery County teens obtain employment certification, paid job placement or a GED.
Headquartered: Washington, D.C.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides public transportation fare cards for three young people for a year.
- $1,000 allows 20 youths to take the GED exam.
- $10,000 pays for Microsoft certification for low-income youths.
- One day: Become a motivational guest speaker to the youth program.
- Weekly: Tutor a high school or GED student (background clearance required).
- Student Service Learning