interPLAY Orchestra (interplayorchestra.org) is a community orchestra comprised of 40 adults with cognitive and/or physical disabilities who “interplay” music in collaboration with high school seniors, college students and professional musicians. interPLAY Orchestra operates year-round, including weekly rehearsals and three quarterly concert performances each year.
SERVES: Metro region
WHAT A DONATION BUYS:
• $100 provides sheet music/CDs for two orchestra members.
• $500 provides instruments for two orchestra members.
• $1,000 provides one annual tuition scholarship for one orchestra member.
• One day: Assist with concert performances.
• Weekly: Bandaides are student or adult volunteers, with basic musical training, who play alongside and/or assist individual orchestra members to play their instruments during rehearsals and concert performances.