Interfaith Works (iworksmc.org) helps more than 17,000 residents each year, equipping homeless and low-income neighbors to lift themselves from poverty through integrated prevention, stabilization and empowerment programs. Interfaith Works is supported by 5,500 volunteers and 165 congregations.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $75 fills three students’ backpacks with new school supplies.
• $250 pays six rental application fees for clients moving into permanent housing.
• $2,000 helps five families avoid being evicted from their homes.
• Ongoing: Sort and organize donated clothes and household goods that will be provided to clients free of charge.
• Ongoing: Assist with planning conferences and outreach.