Interfaith Works (iworksmc.org) helps more than 16,000 residents each year, equipping homeless and low-income neighbors to lift themselves from poverty through integrated prevention, stabilization and empowerment programs. Interfaith Works’ programs change lives with the help of 5,500 volunteers and 165 congregations.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides four students with backpacks filled with quality school supplies.
• $1,000 provides job counseling and workforce readiness classes.
• $10,000 provides housing for a homeless family for seven-plus months, along with professional case management and supportive services to help them toward independence.
• Donate or sort clothing and home goods to provide to neighbors in need.
• Prepare and/or provide meals for women experiencing homelessness.