Identity (identity-youth.org) works with more than 3,000 Latino and other historically underserved youths and their families after school, in the community and on the playing fields. The organization aims to help youths develop social and emotional skills, do better in school and get ready for work. Its intensive case management and other wraparound services work to stabilize families as the main support system for the youths.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 helps 100 struggling young readers each have their own books at home.
• $1,000 provides 15 backpacks filled with supplies for successful remote learning.
• $10,000 helps 10 GED students earn their high school diplomas.
• Weekly: Tutor struggling young readers.
• Occasional: Conduct mock job interviews with older youths.