Home Care Partners (homecarepartners.org) provides in-home services to low-income elderly, chronically ill and disabled residents. It provides home care aide services to more than 1,000 adults, supports family caregivers, and offers caregiver education for aides and the community through its Training Institute. Its Safe at Home partnership with the D.C. Department of Aging and Community Living provides elders with home modifications to reduce fall risk and barriers to mobility.
Headquartered: Washington, D.C.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $150 pays for an occupational therapist assessment visit, including a fall-risk screening and developing a home modification plan.
• $250 pays for personal protective equipment for one month for six home health aides and their senior clients.
• $500 enables certified aides to help 10 low-income elders with personal care, housekeeping and meal preparation.
• Weekly: Volunteer as an intake worker.
• Long term: Serve as a marketing or development coordinator.