Hearts and Homes for Youth
HEARTS AND HOMES FOR YOUTH (heartsandhomes.org) supports youths who have experienced abuse, neglect, mental health challenges, homelessness and other trauma. In Montgomery County, Hearts and Homes operates four residential programs, a therapeutic foster program and a mother-baby program, serving a total of more than 75 youths a night. The organization strives to build brighter futures for the youths, families and community.
WHAT A DONATION BUYS:
• $250 covers the cost of new backpacks and school supplies for five youths.
• $1,000 covers a month of daycare for a baby.
• $10,000 pays for six months of therapeutic mental health services.
• One day: Paint a group home.
• Ongoing: Mentor a young person.