Girls on the Run of Montgomery County, MD (girlsontherunofmoco.org) provides more than 130 schools with a positive youth development program that incorporates physical activity. Over the course of the 10-week program, girls in third through eighth grades develop essential skills to help them navigate their worlds and establish a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness. The program culminates with a celebratory family 5K event.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $175 provides full financial aid for one girl.
• $1,000 provides running shoes for 25 girls.
• $10,000 provides full financial aid for three teams (60 girls).
• Weekly: Volunteer as a coach for 10 weeks in the spring or fall.
• One time: Volunteer at the celebratory 5K event.