GB Youth Media (gandhibrigade.org) is a media arts organization focused on social justice and the voices of youths. In GBYM’s program The Promoters, a group of students ages 12 through 25 learn media arts skills to tell their personal stories and to advance humanitarian causes. The students use GBYM’s website, newsletter and social media accounts to promote their art and videos and to support their peers.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: 5-mile radius of Langley Park
What a donation buys:
• $75 buys video/graphic design software for two months.
• $250 buys internet access for six months.
• $500 pays 10 submission fees to national film festivals.
• One day: Coach a Promoter on a job or college application.
• Weekly: Deliver art supplies, books, food and personal supplies to teens in Hyattsville and Silver Spring.