Future Link (futurelinkmd.org) empowers disadvantaged young adults through career exploration programs, academic advising, scholarships, internships and mentors. Its individualized, intensive program emphasizes persistence in post-secondary education; teaches workplace, self-advocacy and personal decision-making skills; and helps young adults develop a concrete plan for a meaningful career pathway to enable self-sufficiency.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides textbooks for a Future Link student attending college.
• $1,000 provides career planners for three classes of Future Link students for a semester.
• $10,000 funds the semesterlong, career development college-level seminar for 12 students.
• One day: Provide informational interviews in your career field to help students understand your career path.
• Short-term: Offer a shared-cost internship or job-shadowing opportunity.