Future Link (futurelinkmd.org) seeks to empower first-generation-to-college, low-income young adults through career exploration programs, academic advising, scholarships, internships and mentoring. Its individualized intensive program emphasizes persistence in postsecondary education; teaches workplace, self-advocacy and personal decision-making skills; and helps young adults develop a concrete plan for a meaningful career pathway to enable self-sufficiency.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides textbooks to a Future Link student.
• $1,000 provides career planners for three Future Link seminar classes.
• $10,000 funds a 15-week career development seminar for 15 students.
• One day: Provide informational interviews to students interested in your career field.
• Ongoing: Mentor a young adult.