Family Services Inc., a part of the Sheppard Pratt Health System
Family Services Inc., a part of the Sheppard Pratt Health System (fs-inc.org) improves the quality of life for more than 17,000 low-income children, individuals and families each year by compassionately providing prevention and early-intervention services, emergency assistance, mental health and substance abuse services, early childhood programs, domestic violence services and community outreach. Offering more than 30 programs across Montgomery and Prince George’s counties, Family Services is reimagining what it means to develop and sustain a continuum of care that keeps people healthy throughout their life span.
Serves: Montgomery and Prince George’s counties
What a donation buys:
• $500 provides aid and shelter to a woman and her children fleeing domestic violence and human trafficking, allowing them to find safety and build new lives.
• $1,000 provides safe environments for youths to prevent gang involvement and support recovery from substance abuse.
• $10,000 furnishes a playroom at the Betty Ann Krahnke domestic violence shelter.
• Weekly or monthly: Prepare food and/or serve lunch in Family Services’ commercial kitchen, or tutor elementary, middle and high school students.
• One time: Volunteer at a special event.