Family Services Inc., A Part of the Sheppard Pratt Health System (sheppardpratt.org) aims to improve the quality of life for more than 17,000 low-income children, individuals and families each year by compassionately providing prevention and early-intervention services, emergency assistance, mental health and substance abuse services, early childhood programs, domestic violence services and community outreach.
Serves: Montgomery and Prince George’s counties
What a donation buys:
• $500 provides aid and shelter to a woman and her children fleeing domestic violence and human trafficking.
• $1,000 provides safe environments for youths to prevent gang involvement and support recovery from substance abuse.
• $10,000 furnishes a playroom at the Betty Ann Krahnke Center, a domestic violence shelter.
• Weekly or monthly: Prepare food and/or serve lunch in Family Services’ commercial kitchen.
• One time: Volunteer at a special event.