Docs In Progress (docsinprogress.org) aims to educate, inspire and transform the way people view their world through documentary films. By providing emerging and diverse artists with the tools needed to tell their stories, these films/filmmakers call attention to social and cultural issues found on the local, national and global stage. Docs In Progress also seeks to deepen the public’s experience of documentaries as a form of art and expression.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $50 supports monthly community film screenings.
• $250 supports the annual Community Stories Festival.
• $500 supports filmmaking workshops for youths or ages 55 and older.
• One day: Assist with a Docs In Progress screening event.
• Weekly: Provide organizational support.