Crossroads Community Food Network
Crossroads Community Food Network (crossroadscommunityfoodnetwork.org) educates community members about healthy food and strives to create universal access to healthy food. Programs include microenterprise development, healthy eating education and farmers market nutrition incentives at the Crossroads Farmers Market, which serves 5,000 people annually.
Headquartered: Takoma Park
Serves: Takoma Park and Langley Park
What a donation buys:
• $500 covers ingredients for a series of Healthy Eating sessions for local fifth graders.
• $1,000 provides one session of business training for 15 low-income food entrepreneurs.
• $5,000 doubles SNAP (food stamp) farmers market purchases for seven eligible families for the entire market season.
• Weekly: Give cooking demonstrations at local schools.
• Weekly: Help older customers shop for produce at the market.