CREATE Arts Center
CREATE Arts Center (createartscenter.org) invests in the community by offering a free, innovative after-school art program called smARTkids to level the playing field for elementary-age students from low-income households. CREATE provides low-cost individual and group art therapy services to people living with emotional and physical challenges, including those with autism.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $25 helps send a child to art camp.
• $125 provides an intake and group therapy session for a person on a fixed income struggling with emotional challenges.
• $300 covers an eight-week semester enrollment in smARTkids.
• One day: Help with community events and art shows at CREATE.
• Weekly: Help with art education classes at CREATE.