CREATE Arts Center (createartscenter.org) engages more than 5,000 people annually with innovative art education classes, workshops and community events for all ages, as well as seasonal and summer art camps. Licensed therapists provide English/Spanish arts-based therapy for people living with mental health challenges, developmental disabilities and autism.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $75 supports ongoing virtual technology training for teaching artists.
• $250 provides five individual art therapy sessions for a low-income resident struggling with mental illness.
• $500 supports a new daytime art education program to meet the needs of out-of-school students and working parents.
• One day: Help with special events at CREATE.
• Weekly: Opportunities available in the spring of 2021.