Community Reach of Montgomery County (cmrocks.org) works to improve the quality of life for the most vulnerable county residents by providing a health clinic for the low-income uninsured and Medicaid underinsured; home care assistance for seniors aging in place; financial assistance to stop eviction and utility termination; English language and citizenship classes for immigrants; and supportive housing for the homeless working toward self-sufficiency.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
• $250 provides five ESL students with tuition and books.
• $1,000 keeps a family facing eviction in their home.
• $10,000 covers the cost of 100 patient visits at the Mansfield Kaseman Health Clinic.
• One day: Do yard work at the home of a senior.
• Weekly: Be an intake coordinator for the Rockville Emergency Assistance Program.