ClancyWorks Dance Company (clancyworks.org) serves as a resource and community partner for programs that highlight dance in advancing positive social action, “shifting” perceptions through performance and making personal connections among diverse participants. Amid COVID-19, many programs moved online to continue providing dance classes and professional development opportunities. Systemic racism, the other pandemic affecting society, is addressed by exploring ways the arts can be used to break barriers and promote equity.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $150 supports one virtual workshop for up to 20 seniors.
• $500 pays for five teachers to attend the Virtual Dance Educators Training Institute.
• $1,000 pays for one webinar on the role of the arts in dismantling racism.
• One day: Help with special events.
• Weekly: Provide administrative/fundraising project support.