CASA (wearecasa.org) works to improve the quality of life in working class and immigrant communities. For its 100,000-plus members, CASA provides job placement, vocational training, citizenship assistance, family social services and other critical legal, education and health services. It operates four centers in Montgomery County.
SERVES: Maryland, Northern Virginia and south central Pennsylvania
WHAT A DONATION BUYS:
• $250 provides assistance for three legal permanent residents to become U.S. Citizens.
• $1,000 provides 12 weeks of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) instruction to eight low-income immigrants.
• $5,000 helps support a legal clinic where community members can access advice from trusted attorneys.
• Weekly: Serve as a mentor to immigrant high school students.
• Monthly: Assist with a resume workshop.