BellXcel (bellxcel.org), formerly Bell-Building Educated Leaders for Life, exists to transform the academic achievements, self-confidence and life trajectories of children living in underresourced communities. At no cost to families, BellXcel delivers student-centered summer learning solutions to 2,100 children in third through fifth grade who are falling behind in Montgomery County Title I schools.
Headquartered: Rockville (local headquarters)
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 sends a class of 20 students on a summer Friday field trip.
- $1,500 supports academic instruction and engaging enrichment activities for one student.
- $10,000 sponsors two teachers’ professional development, ensuring high-quality instruction for each classroom of 20 students.
- One day: Share the steps you took to achieve success at a “Career and College Pride Day.”
- One day: Conduct on-site interviews with teachers, parents and students.