Ayuda (ayuda.com) provides legal, social and language services to help vulnerable immigrants access justice and transform their lives. Ayuda’s expert and dedicated professionals help immigrants navigate the immigration and justice systems and access the social safety net. Ayuda serves more than 8,000 clients in the region annually, with more than 400 living in Montgomery County.
Headquartered: Washington, D.C.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $250 covers the costs of transportation, food, clothing or health care so clients can begin to rebuild their lives.
• $500 provides expert legal services so that low-income immigrants can overcome barriers and access justice.
• $5,000 covers legal or therapeutic services for three clients.
• One time: Volunteer at an annual event, such as the Welcome Breakfast or Signature Spring Event.
• Ongoing: Fill in for Ayuda’s intake specialists, help deliver food and supplies to clients, organize Ayuda’s food pantry, or participate in Metro Day.