AYUDA (ayuda.com) provides legal, social and language services to help vulnerable immigrants in our neighborhoods access justice and transform their lives. Ayuda’s expert and dedicated professionals help immigrants navigate the immigration and justice systems and access the social safety net. This approach breaks down barriers, helps those in need, and makes our communities stronger. Ayuda serves more than 4,000 clients in the region annually, with more than 500 living in Montgomery County.
HEADQUARTERED: Washington, D.C.
SERVES: Metro region
WHAT A DONATION BUYS:
• $250 covers legal fees for the immigration case of an immigrant child to safely remain in the United States.
• $500 covers one session of support group therapy for survivors of domestic violence.
• $1,000 provides five hours of paid interpretation services.
• $5,000 covers legal or therapeutic services for three clients.
• One time: Volunteer at annual event like the Welcome Breakfast or Signature Spring Event.
• Ongoing: Fill in for Ayuda’s intake specialists; or participate in Metro Day.