ArtStream (art-stream.org) offers collaborative performance and lifelong learning opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including autism, so they can gain the skills and confidence to engage with the world. ArtStream’s classes and performing companies are focused on fueling each student’s imagination, creativity and focus, and helping them develop friendships and improve communication and social skills.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $75 underwrites one class teaching people to express their creativity and helping them develop friendships and improve communication and social skills.
• $300 underwrites a public speaking workshop to improve confidence and learn preemployment skills.
• $750 gives a full scholarship to an actor in a theater company.
• One day: Help with video editing.
• Weekly: Mentor students in performing arts classes or theater rehearsals.