Arts on the Block
Arts on the Block (artsontheblock.com) empowers creative youths to imagine and shape fulfilling futures, join the creative workforce, and contribute to their communities through real-world arts experiences and entrepreneurial training to open pathways to learning, self-discovery and achievement. Youth apprentice artists work with established artists/mentors on commissioned artwork to build enduring change in themselves and their communities.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
● $500 provides one youth with a resume and job interview skills training session.
● $1,000 sponsors one apprentice summer studio intensive.
● $5,000 underwrites one professional development series.
• One day: Prepare materials and assist the studio crew.
• Ongoing: Industry professionals can be artist advocates and act as guides/mentors.