A Wider Circle
A Wider Circle (awidercircle.org) helps individuals and families living in poverty by providing basic-need items, employment assistance, and comprehensive support via neighborhood centers in low-income communities. A Wider Circle has also developed a national plan to eradicate poverty, utilizing every sector and replacing the national poverty line with locally based income standards to guide the effort.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Metro Region
What a donation buys:
• $50 supplies baby items for a new parent.
• $450 furnishes the home of a family of four.
• $1,000 provides comprehensive employment assistance for four adults.
• One day: Help organize furniture in the showrooms or pick up donations in the community.
• Weekly: Serve as a job coach, provide resume-writing support, or provide administrative support in the offices.