Early Voting Begins in Two Weeks in Montgomery County
Two new early voting centers in Sandy Spring and Wheaton will be used this year
Campaign signs outside the Silver Spring Civic Building earlier this year
Montgomery County residents interested in heading to the polls in advance of the June 26 primary election will have the opportunity to do so from June 14 to 21 at 11 early voting sites.
Registered voters can go to any early voting site from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. to cast their ballots. The county is operating early voting centers at the following locations:
- Jane E. Lawton Community Recreation Center, 4301 Willow Lane, Chevy Chase;
- Silver Spring Civic Building, 1 Veterans Place, Silver Spring;
- Executive Office Building, 101 Monroe St., Rockville;
- Potomac Community Recreation Center, 11315 Falls Road, Potomac;
- Mid-County Community Recreation Center, 2004 Queensguard Road, Silver Spring
- Sandy Spring Volunteer Fire Department, 17921 Brooke Road, Sandy Spring;
- St. Catherine Laboure Church, 11801 Claridge Road, Wheaton;
- Activity Center at Bohrer Park, 506 South Frederick Ave., Gaithersburg;
- Damascus Community Recreation Center, 25520 Oak Drive, Damascus;
- Germantown Community Recreation Center, 18905 Kingsview Road, Germantown; and
- Marilyn J. Praisner Community Recreation Center, 14906 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville.
The county added two new early voting centers to the lineup this year—in Sandy Spring and Wheaton.
Democratic primary voters will find a lengthy ballot this election cycle. They’ll have to make selections from a field of more than 100 candidates running for Congress, governor, the General Assembly, county executive, County Council, school board, as well as judges and Democratic Central Committee members.
Voters can look up their registration status and voting district and view their sample ballot on the state Board of Elections website.
Residents looking for more information about candidates can browse Bethesda Beat’s voters guide, which features candidates’ bios and responses to general questions.