Firefighters Respond to Gas Leak in Woodmont Triangle

Firefighters Respond to Gas Leak in Woodmont Triangle

Incident happened at former Parva Latin restaurant building on Woodmont Avenue

| Published: |

Fire crews work on a gas leak at the former Parva restaurant in Woodmont Triangle on Thursday afternoon

Andrew Metcalf

Firefighters responded to a gas leak on Woodmont Avenue Thursday afternoon at the former location of the Parva Latin restaurant.

Crews responded to the building at 7904 Woodmont Ave. around 1:30 p.m. Multiple firetrucks blocked Woodmont Avenue while firefighters hooked up hoses and later brought in fans to the two-story structure to air it out.

A firefighter at the scene confirmed it was a gas leak. There was a smell of natural gas in the area.

The building is being renovated to make way for a new Dog Haus restaurant.

Pete Piringer, a spokesman for the fire department, said at 1:50 p.m. that workers had been evacuated as a precaution and firefighters had gotten the leak under control. He said construction workers doing interior demolition at the building had ripped out a gas line.

He said there were no injuries reported and a nearby residential tower was checked and firefighters determined it was not impacted by the leak. 

Fire trucks at the scene Thursday. Credit: Andrew Metcalf

Back to Bethesda Beat >>


Leading Professionals ยป

Dining Guide