A fire damaged South House Garden in Gaithersburg Friday morning. Credit: Photo from Pete Piringer via Twitter

A fire damaged the restaurant and bar South House Garden in Gaithersburg Friday morning, according to a Montgomery County Fire & Rescue official.

Fire & Rescue spokesman Pete Piringer posted on Twitter that the fire started on the outside of the building at 317 Diamond Ave. when the building was closed.

There were no injuries.

Firefighters were checking other neighboring businesses for damage, he wrote.

South House Garden opened in Gaithersburg in early September.

Dan Schere can be reached at daniel.schere@bethesdamagazine.com